Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 28: Something that stresses me out

Oh my. This one will be easy. Because there are tons of things that stress me out.

(1) Having POTS. Aside from the fact that anxiety-like symptoms are part of the syndrome, the fear that I will pass out or vomit in public due to this illness is sometimes overwhelming. Waiting in line can be difficult, because I'm always scared I will need to leave the situation but can't. Of course, aside from that first time at Cedar Point, I've never had to do that. But it still stresses me out, a lot.

(2) Worrying about hail on my new car. I have never worried so much about the weather before, and this storm season we're having is making it even more worrisome. It hailed on my car last weekend for about fifteen minutes, and I was stuck on the highway and couldn't do anything about it. I was hysterical, and I was SURE my car was ruined. It turned out that, as far as David and I can tell, there was no damage caused by the hail, but it was still scary.

(3) Money issues. I'm sure lots of people (if not most people) are stressed out about money. My stresses come from the fact that I really just want to be independent. I want to be able to pay for everything I need to and be self-sufficient. But making minimum wage and working twenty hours a week isn't cutting it. I just received a lot of money for graduation, but all of that will be going toward bills. I need to find a new job, but I'm very scared. Which leads to...

(4) My job. I hate my job. I hate wasting my time working for minimum wage for a man I despise. I would like to get a 9 to 5 job, maybe doing receptionist work or something, while I try to decide what I would like to do next (as far as deciding between grad school and a job...). But I'm scared... I'm afraid it's going to be hard. Or that my POTS will get worse and I will have to miss work and then I'll get fired. I'm just having trouble pulling the trigger because I don't want to leave my comfort zone when I'm not completely confident in my abilities because of my illness. It's a combination of laziness, comfort, and fear, I think.

It is nice to not have the added stress of school mixed in with all this, even though I do miss it. Hopefully within the next few months I will decide how I want to move forward, and then I can go back to school. Or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment