Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 20: Nicknames

When I was in junior high and high school, I had lots of nicknames, and none of them were very nice... My 8th grade science teacher started calling me Skara, and I legit STILL get called that from time to time. I was also called Shwhitey (because I'm loud, and pale... it started out as "shh, Whitey", but I guess that was too long...), and then my junior year this boy Josh started calling me Seabiscuit and literally everyone started calling me that. He said he gave me that nickname because my teeth jut out in the front, like a horse's... High school's fun...

Once I got out of high school, all those nicknames (minus Skara...) have pretty much gone away, although Jenn's husband Corey calls me Whitey. He came up with that one his own though.

The one nickname I've had my whole life is Nick. My middle name is Nicole, and my whole family calls me Nick. I still think a little part of it is because my dad wanted a boy and if I were a boy my name would have been Nick... but that's neither here nor there. My whole family calls me that, and I always respond when I hear the word Nick at my parents'. When I was dating a guy named Nick, things got sort of confusing at my parents' house...

No comments:

Post a Comment