Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 16: Dream house

This one is kind of hard. I am not a very creative person, so designing my own house is going to be kind of out of the question. So I will just list some of the features I would like my dream house to have.

I would really like to have a two story house. We never had that as a kid, and while in college I lived in a duplex with two stories and I like that. Sam likes stairs.

I would also probably want a patio or porch on the second story. So no burglars can come in, but I could sit out there and feel safe. (I mean, I guess if they had a ladder they could get in, but most aren't that crafty... right??)

I would want my house located in the suburbs I think. I lived in a fairly rural area until I moved to Columbia, and once I moved here I realized how much I like living close to the places I want to go. Like work. When I was 16 I had to drive 30 minutes one way to work, and I basically spent all the money I made on gas. So I would like to live in the suburbs, but not in a city.

A garage is a must. And lots of storage space. And a basement for when there are tornadoes. And a big kitchen. And an appropriate amount of bathrooms for the number of people who live there.

I obviously don't care much about these things. I'm not big on flashy or elaborate things, and my dream house will be no different, I'm sure... Or, I'm so poor now that any nice house that's not in a ghetto will do and I can't think beyond that...

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not big on flashy or elaborate things, and my dream house will be no different,"

    Same here. Luxury for the sake of luxury just leaves me absolutely cold. If you stuck me in a mansion and told me it was mine, I'd probably enjoy myself for a week and then start feeling like the second Mrs de Winter from Rebecca.

    The most luxurious thing I want (and can achieve) is a power shower in a proper shower cubicle. I'd love to have a house on its own little bit of land like a lot of the American and Canadian houses but they don't tend to be built like that here. And even if they were, they'd have an astronomical house valuation on them, way beyond my means.

    ReplyDelete