Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Finally!!

Something good has finally happened to me! I know, shocking, right? I received a phone call yesterday morning from a temp agency I applied with a couple months ago, and they offered me a position working as clerical support for a mortgage company. It pays all right, and it's full time, and it's NOT what I'm doing now. I start Monday morning at 10... I hope I don't hate it. I didn't quit Bandana's, I just told them I can only work one shift a week. I didn't want to burn any bridges there, since this is only a temporary position (for now), and I have finally begun to make some friends there, so I don't want to leave them either. I'm kind of sad it's not a law firm position, but at least it's something better than what I've got now. And hopefully I'll be able to start paying off my enormous amounts of debt I've been accruing the last few months.

I went to the law school yesterday to get some info. about the dual degree with the HDFS school, and I am really excited to get things rolling with that as well. After listening to what they had to say, I think I've decided to forgo getting the MS in HDFS and just get the JD. It's one year less of school, and I won't have to take the GRE... only the LSAT. Which I still need to sign up for, but that costs money, so it'll have to wait... I have until Oct. 31, so hopefully I can make enough money to pay for it by then.

My job situation might be getting better, but my health isn't... My cardio's office never called me to make an appointment with her. It's Wednesday night now, and I called them Monday afternoon. To me, that's just not okay. What if I were having a heart attack? I guess I'm just supposed to wait it out... This really frustrates me, obviously, but it also makes me upset because I don't know where to go from here. I see my new neuro again on the 28th, so hopefully she can come up with more answers. Or at least send me to someone who might be able to help me more than she can.

Anyway, the Cards game is getting interesting, so I'm done for now...

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the new job...i hope that you enjoy it. hopefully your doctors wont keep you waiting too long...good grief it takes so long to see anyone now days...keep your head up and keep smiling...you will be ok
    brian

    ReplyDelete