Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I just can't catch a break

I really hate my life. If it's not one thing, it's another.

This past week has been relatively symptom-free as far as my POTS is concerned, and on Monday, the fourth, I was actually able to hang out with my family all day OUTSIDE (this is a huge accomplishment) with little to no symptoms. Except I was an idiot, and didn't put sunscreen on my legs, so now they are so sunburned I can hardly move. They are incredibly swollen, and I have what appears to be the beginning of a blister on my right thigh. I have gone through almost a whole bottle of aloe and it doesn't really seem to be helping much beyond the actual application cooling my legs off momentarily. Cool baths help a little more, but they're extremely difficult to do, not to mention the fact that I freeze the whole time I'm in there. I have missed two days of work due to this already, when I really needed to be working so that I can pay rent on Friday (which is already three days past due...)... I have no idea how I'm going to pay rent, but I can't even move, let alone think about how I'm going to deal with that.

On top of all that, Jessie has an amoeba in her eye or something, so she has really needed me this week and I couldn't be there for her because I've been in so much pain myself. I feel like a huge letdown.

AND... David keeps telling me how me being sick all the time is bringing him down and making his life miserable and what not, and that is making me feel even more miserable than I already do. I finally told him last night that some days I wish he weren't in my life because I feel like that might make my life easier. It went over better than I thought it would, but now I'm scared he's going to use it to break up with me and make it sound like it's what I wanted. (Which isn't true. I don't want to break up, I just want him to stop telling me how miserable I make him.) It's just super frustrating to deal with all this shit that's already going on with me and not have the support of the one who should be the most supportive. Especially considering my parents think I'm batshit crazy.

Anyway, I'm trying to find jobs online right now, so I'm distracted. More later.

1 comment:

  1. just randomly dropped by your blog cause I am bored, but then read your post. I feel the same way too so I know what you mean. Don't let anyone ever discourage you, you are who you are and you can achieve anything you put your mind to!

    Good luck in job hunting.

    ReplyDelete