Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I can't believe I'm so miserable

I went to a new doctor for my POTS last Friday. I was so excited. She changed my medicine to the one my mom's friend had suggested and also prescribed me the medicine that Allyssa took. I was so hopeful that the new medicine would help me. I took it for the first time Friday night, and I didn't feel any different on Saturday. If anything, I felt slightly worse. My anxiety was completely out of control. I'm not sure if that was because of the medicine though, or because I was scared of possible side effects of the medicine. I took it again Saturday night, and I was completely miserable on Sunday. All day it felt like I was going to faint or like I was going to have a heart attack. Then, when Allyssa and I were getting ready to order food at dinner, my heart rate was crazy. It was incredibly slow, and then it would speed up very rapidly. It was so scary that I had Allyssa take me to Urgent Care. They did an EKG, gave me an IV, and did bloodwork, but by the time the IV was done my heart rate had completely stabilized. I don't know if it was because of the IV, or because of the Xanax I took before we left dinner. Either way, the Urgent Care doctor told me he assumed this reaction was because of the new medicine, and that I should not take it anymore and call my doctor first thing Monday morning. So that's exactly what I did. And I was bed-ridden yesterday, basically. My heart rate was totally out of control. At one point, I stood up to go to the bathroom, and my heart rate went through the roof, just from standing up. I actually got tunnel vision, like I was going to faint. It was terrifying. So I decided to go ahead and take my original medicine last night, just to keep me from being completely incapacitated today while waiting for my doctor to call me back and give me further instructions. When her nurse finally called me back this morning, her instructions completely blew my mind -- my doctor wants me to take MORE than I had originally been prescribed. I am terrified that I'm going to have a freaking heart attack in the night or something. Or that I'm going to be completely unable to move tomorrow. I really hope it's not like that, but I can't help to worry about it. Especially considering I'm going to most likely be alone tonight because Jessie is going to go out, and then she works tomorrow during the day. And of course, David's gone, which is a whole separate issue that I'd rather not address, because that just really stresses me out... I just wish I could go stay at a hospital and have them take care of me until my medication is stabilized. I hate not being able to get help except between the hours of 8 and 5... if I'm lucky.

THIS FUCKING SUCKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment