Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Life Chapter

This past month has been extremely hectic... Between taking the LSAT, buying Christmas gifts, having back problems, going to St. Louis on the weekends, and now getting a cold (or something equally horrendous), I have had a ton going on. But it has all been worth it because

I WAS OFFERED THE JOB AT VETERANS UNITED!!

HR called me yesterday to give me the good news. I start on January 4. I am so excited. And nervous. More nervous than I should be, considering I'm starting with about ten other people who know nothing about the company and I've been there for three months already.

I don't know if I'm more excited to be making lots of money or to know that the position I'll be in is permanent. Knowing where my next paycheck is coming from is going to feel really great. Also, VUHL has some great benefits, and I'm very excited about that as well. Plus it's a fantastic company to work for, and I can't wait to be a real employee.

The one thing I keep coming back to though is law school... I took all this time to prepare to apply for law school (which I have yet to actually do), and now I'm not sure if I want to. I might apply just to see if I get in, but I'm not sure what I'd do if I did get in. Would I quit VUHL? I don't even want to think that that is an option at this point... Do I forgo law school? I guess that depends on my LSAT score. If my score is super high, then maybe I am really meant to be a lawyer and I will go for it. There are always internship positions available at VUHL that I might be able to do while I'm in school... I don't know. I'm just going to play it by ear for now I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment