Wednesday, October 7, 2009

a little more about me

When most people sit down to write something about themselves, they use words like "average" and "normal". Well I'm not. I'm not normal, or average, or ordinary in any way. I'm like no one you know. I pride myself on being independent and in control of my life.

I am a control freak. The only way I willingly allow others to be in control is if I trust them to do things the right way.

I am very confident in myself and my abilities. I know my strengths and weaknesses, and I know my limitations.

I am an extremely fast learner, and I will try almost anything once.

I tend to get what I want out of life; not because I'm spoiled, but because I work hard to get it.

I am brutally honest. I couldn't lie my way out of a paper bag. I have a hard time taking anything from anyone that I feel I don't deserve because I feel like it's dishonest.

I love laughing. It is so cleansing. A good sense of humor is something my close friends and significant others MUST possess to keep me around.

I tend to surround myself with people who are intelligent. Ignorance and stupidity frustrate me. I realize that this sounds mean, but I don't care. Nearly everyone has the ability to learn. I don't expect everyone to be a college graduate, but don't speak English like it is your second language (unless it is of course).

I feel like I am meant to do something great with my life. I don't want to have some job where I don't affect anyone. I want to affect lots of people, in a positive way. I have had several people tell me that I should write a book, and I am starting to actually consider it.

I need a bit of drama and excitement in my life. Monotony makes me so frustrated. I like for things to change, to surprise me, to make me think. I like to be busy, but not so busy I don't have any down time.

On the other hand, I like organization. I understand that these two things sound like opposites, but they really aren't. I like spontaneity but I also makes lists for everything. I like books to be organized by height, or clothes to be washed in a certain order, but I can let things go very easily. It seems contradictory, but for some reason, it's not.

I love to read. I will read anything about nearly any topic. I am not religious by any means, but I still love to read about religion because I like to be knowledgeable about it. I prefer nonfiction, but I do like some classics. I LOVE Dracula by Bram Stoker. But I mostly prefer reading things that make me laugh, like I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max. (It's a great book by the way; you should read it if you haven't.)

I have the most insane medical history ever. I had shingles at 20! I manage to catch the most obscure diseases, but I don't think I have ever had the flu, and I hardly ever get a cold.

I believe that every phenomenon in this world has a scientific reason behind it. I understand that many people do not agree with me, and I am not going to argue with anyone about it (unless you want to argue, then I'd be okay with it). I like science because I can see facts and evidence for almost everything. I am a see-it-to-believe-it type of person. But I don't look down on anyone for being religious or for believing in something other than science. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.

This is just a little about me. Soon I will write more about things that have happened in my life, or things that are currently happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment